TP-Link RE500 AC1900 Dual-band extender
TP-Link is one of the oldest and reliable names in the manufacturing of the networking devices like routers, modems, and the Wi-Fi extenders. TP-Link has built its reputation over the years since its inception in the market. The Wi-Fi extender is the device that is meant to increase and enhance the wireless signal connectivity of the router. Usually, a Wi-Fi extender is used when the signal strength of the existing wireless network is very poor. This happens mainly due to the hindrances in between the router and the computer which we are using; the hindrances are usually a wall between the rooms and floors in between the floors of the home. The unique plug and play design of this extender let the user save a lot of space in their homes as it is to be connected to the wall socket.
Setting up the TP-Link Wi-Fi extender through tplinkrepeater.net
The TP-Link RE500 extender needs to be configured prior to its use. The setting up of TP-Link Wi-Fi extender is an easy task and anyone can perform the setup of the TP-Link extender by simply following the under-said instructions.
- Open up your extender and just plug it in the wall socket which is at least in the middle of the router and the computer. Switch “ON” the extender.
- Connect the Wi-Fi extender to the computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Navigate to the browser and enter the link www.tplinkrepeater.net.If that link doesn’t work for you, try again with the http://192.168.1.1 . This will take you to the TP-Link web page.
- Enter the username and password as “admin” for both the fields and login to the extender page.
- Select the “Quick setup” and click “Next”.
- Now, what you need to do is to let the Wi-Fi extender scan the entire available wireless networks. After this, select the existing wireless network that you want to extend.
- Connect the extender to the existing TP-Link router from the list of networks.
- The web page will prompt for a password which was set earlier.
The setup of the range extender is done and you are ready to use the uninterrupted large and strong Wi-Fi coverage. Review the network settings in the end and try to see if the Wi-Fi signals are optimised.
TP-Link AC1200 Mbps gigabit Wi-Fi extender
The TP-Link is devoted to rendering the best possible quality range extenders and routers etc. The range extenders eliminate almost all the dead zones in our wireless network. The dead zone or we can say the areas where Wi-Fi signal coverage is very low or not up to the mark. The users face a lot of trouble if the Wi-Fi connectivity is not good because the speed of the internet and network also relies a bit on the Wi-Fi connectivity.
The TP-Link Wi-Fi range extenders can easily be set up by following the link www.tplinkrepeater.net. If this link is not accessible to you, try to enter the extender’s configuration page through http://192.168.1.1. In this part, we will let you have an idea about setting up the range extender in an easy method. The easiest way to configure your TP-Link Wi-Fi range extender is through the WPS button available both on the wireless router as well as the Wi-Fi extender. Just follow the below mentioned steps and your Wi-Fi range extender will be set up in no time.
- Switch on the power supply of the router
- Connect the Wi-Fi range extender to the wall socket of the home and switch “ON” the range extender.
- Now, after switching on both the devices the router and the extender, we need to press the WPS button of the router and the extender simultaneously.
- Press the WPS button given on the back of the range extender and within a few seconds; press the WPS button of the wireless router.
- While performing the setup through the WPS, the WPS Led on the router as well as the extender will start blinking.
- The WPS lights on the router and extender will get stable when the connection between the two devices is established.
Important Note- It is very essential to keep in mind that the WPS buttons on both the router and the range extender be pressed at the almost same instance of time. Larger the time gap in the simultaneous button press, bigger is the chance of getting an error while connecting.
- The advantage of WPS connection
- The connection performed through the WPS button has a big advantage as it saves a lot of time in connecting the Wi-Fi range extender to our existing wireless router network. The user also needs not to perform the whole configuration process which is quite time-consuming.
- The disadvantage of WPS connection
- The only disadvantage of this connection method is that we are often unable to connect the Wi-Fi extender to the wireless router due to a time lag in between pressing the WPS buttons on the router and range extenders.
- TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi range extender
- The TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi range extender is dual band extender that renders a combined speed of over 1700Mbps on both the bands. The Gigabit port on the extender as a wireless adapter to connect a wired device to our network. This TP-Link AC1750 range extender has a great feature of locating the optimal position in between the router and the device where it needs to be kept.
- This TP-Link extender has three external adjustable antennas which can be adjusted according to our Wi-Fi strength need and to attain the best possible Wi-Fi coverage.
- Setting up the TP-Link range extender via www.tplinkrepeater.net
How to setup and login to the TP-Link extender wirelessly?
- Plug the range extender into the power outlet (wall-socket) and switch it “ON”.
- Now, you need to open the network manager using the computer which is already connected to the existing wireless network.
- The user needs to look for the TP-link range extender setup in the list of available wireless networks in the network manager.
- This will be an open network and you can easily connect to it by just clicking on it.
- Once you have connected to the Wi-Fi range extender through your computer. Open the latest browser of your computer and enter the link www.tplinkwifi.net.
- If the link www.tplinkrepeater.net fails you take to the interface of the extender, try an alternative link of http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1. The default address for most of the TP-Link devices is http://192.168.1.1.
- The web domain www.tplinkrepeater.net will let user the access to the configuration portal of the range extender where we need to sign in using the username and password.
- Enter the default username and password which is “admin” and “password” itself.
- Now, after entering the home page, you will see the existing wireless network that you need to extend and enhance and also enter the password for the same.
- In the next step, we can change the username and password for the range extender. We should note that changing the default username and password increases the security of the extender.
- Click “Next” and save the settings. The whole network including the range extender will reboot now.
- After the range extender has finished rebooting, you can use the extender wherever you need it. The ideal place for keeping the range extender is the halfway distance in between the router and the device.
- Now, the whole wireless network will be enhanced and boosted up according to the user’s need. The wireless network after getting boosted up lets the user use the Wi-Fi anywhere in the home or in a business place.
FAQ’s and troubleshooting section for the TP-Link Wi-Fi range extenders.
- Is there any other way of connecting Wi-Fi extender to the router?
The TP-Link Wi-Fi extender can also be connected to the router through the WPS button given both on the router as well as the extender. The user needs to press the WPS button on the extender and within no time, the user should press the WPS button on the router also.
- How to optimize the TP-Link Wi-Fi extender?
The TP-Link RE500 AC1900 extender can be used up to its optimal level by placing it in the half distance between the router and the computer. We should also note that the extender is inserted properly in the wall socket.
- What are the options available if we can’t set up the extender through www.tplinkrepeater.net?
Most of the times, we can log in to the Wi-Fi extender setup page through the web domain www.tplinkrepeater.net. This link is quite user-friendly to use because we can remember it easily. However, the problem arises when the user is not able to login to the extender setup page through the tplinkrepeater.net.
In this case, we do not need to rush and panic, just try to enter the default IP address http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1. Most probably, the issue will be resolved after following the above-said solution.
- What to do if we forget the login password of the extender?
This issue is most common for the users as humans are not computers and can forget anything at any point in time. So, our users don’t need to worry as we have solution for every problem the user faces. Now, what we need to do is we can follow a time-saving method of resetting the range extender
- How to reset the TP-Link extender?
The TP-Link range extender can be reset in two basic ways:
- Reset by pushing the hard reset button
- Reset by web-based interface of the extender
The convenient and time-saving method of resetting the Wi-Fi extender is to press the hard reset button which is given in a particular pinhole on the back of the extender. There is a small hole on the back side of the extender, we need to insert a small paper pin kind of thing in that hole and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds. The extender will reboot and the lights will start blinking on the display panel. The range extender will now reboot to its original factory settings. The user will then need to re-configure the extender again.
- Resetting the extender via the web interface?
For resetting the range extender through the web interface, the user needs to open the web browser and enter the address www.tplinkwifi.net to access the web interface of the extender.
Click the “Extender Administration” and select the “Factory reset” tab. This will hard reset your Wi-Fi range extender to its original factory settings. Now, reboot your range extender.
- How to upgrade the firmware of your TP-Link range extender?
The firmware of our TP-Link extender should be updated periodically. TP-Link releases its updates for the range extenders so that it is kept up to date. The updating of the extender keeps the range extender secure and latest features are added on a regular basis.